It may already be 2014, but I sure hope its not too late! On the 31st of December, the final day of 2013, I received this prestigious award from Alex of Valourborn. And to have been nominated by none just any other blogger but her, this event calls for a celebration; by adding chocolate to milk. She’s a great writer and have been, and always will be an inspiration to my journalistic adventures.
Oh and she’s also writing a novel of which I’m all to ready to throw money at. I mean, if you were to read her stuff over at her site, you would too!
Her awesome-ness aside, the rules are as follows –
1) Select the blog(s) you think deserve the Blog Of The Year 2013 Award.
2) Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen- there are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required- and ‘present’ the blog(s) with their award.
3) Let the blog(s) that you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them- (please don’t alter the instructions or the badges!)
4) Come over and say hello to the originator of the Blog Of The Year 2013 Award via this link: http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/blog-awards-2-/blog-of-the-year-2013-award/
5) You can now also join the Blog Of The Year Award Facebook Page. Click the link here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BlogoftheYear
Share your blog posts with an even wider audience.
6) And as a winner of the award- please add a link back to the blog that presented you with this award-and then proudly display the award on your blog- and start collecting stars!
With this award, you can collect stars; so, you start with one, and if you get nominated for it again, you can add another one. There are 6 stars in total.
Of course I was delighted upon the notification; it was a beam of light that shone through the darkest hours. Literally, because it was about 2am when I received the notification on my phone.
This is definitely one of the best moments of 2013 – I can’t be grateful enough for the nomination! So, after all my celebrations and victory dances (nope, still can’t dance. Family can confirm.), I am ecstatic to share the love. The following blogs, like Alex’s, have brought unspeakable joy as I frolicked through their fields of savory, masterful text.
And… some of you already have a handful of stars already!
Here I go, but just for the record; don’t worry if you’re not nominated, you still have a very special place in my heart! 😉
1) Gotta find a home – Follow Dennis Cardiff on his awe-inspiring journey. No – he’s not swimming cross the pacific ocean nor climbing Mount. Everest in his underpants, though that would be cool. But whats even cooler about him: is that he spends his precious hours of free time conversing with homeless people, keeping them company and being there for them. Sometimes, in the hustle and bustle of our lives, we forget that they too, are precious human beings.
2) Verbal Spew – The ultra humorous multimedia pop-culture soak sponge! That’s not a bad thing, really. I don’t think there’s much to say about her; as a matter of fact, please go over to her site right now. It’s HILARIOUS. Yeah, all CAPs, because we ain’t even joking. It seems like there’s always a party going on in her comment section, too. V has been mentioned multiple times in the previous awards, so please do follow if you haven’t!
3) Bill Allin: Sure, his last post is dated almost 4 months back, but his words are invaluable; his advice gold and his prose an endless flow of precious gems. His archive? A treasure trove. This man – someone whom I’ve never met and might never meet, has taught me so much that it shames most teachers. I’d even go as far as to say that he has helped molded the me of today.
4)And finally, Alex herself! Even with simple words and sentences, she’s able to form beautiful prose that are neither terse nor verbose. If you are still unconvinced, you can go judge her for yourself!
So anyway, at the end of the day, I’ve gotten this cute little badge to put up. I’ve only got a single star, but I’m proud of it! I never thought I’d come this far, and it empowers me to know that some of you out there are taking precious time out of your busy lives to read my prose. No words can fully express my gratitude. 2013 has been a great year, and only because of all the love you have given me.
This star goes out to you!
P.s: You can find the other images with more stars over at the blog which it originated from, linked at 4).