I’ve been lucky enough to be nominated for the Liebster Award by VerbalSpew, and will proceed with celebrations by adding chocolate to milk. Please go check out her blog over here; you’d love her humor! Do remember to read her own Liebster post over here; here’s hoping that you’d enjoy knowing a bit more about her as much as I did!
Prior to writing this post, I went on Google to find out exactly what “Liebster” means – turns out its German for “beloved, sweetheart, darling, endearing, dearest” and all other similar pleasantries. Isn’t that just sweet?
Plus, I get to put this up:
Festivites aside, lets get this started!
The rules for receiving this award are…:
1. Post the Liebster Award graphic on your site.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated your blog.
3. The nominee is asked to write 11 facts about themselves.
4. Answer the 11 questions from the post of the person who nominated them.
5. The nominee will nominate 9 other blogs.
6. The nominee will then create 11 questions of their own for their nominated bloggers to answer in their Liebster post.
My 11 Facts:
1. I cannot get fat. It’s come to a point where I’ve been underweight for years and efforts to gain weight, including ice-cream every 3 days, have reaped no results.
2. I am absolutely terrible at art, but I got myself a Wacom Graphics Tablet to (force myself to) learn it anyway. Not the wisest choice I’ve made
3. I am extremely sensitive to cigarette smokes – they make me feel very uncomfortable, like my lungs are clogging up. This has made me avoid the nightlife at all costs.
4. Also rather sensitive to engine exhausts and other fumes; once of the deciding factors that prompts me to stay home whenever possible ._.
5. I realized that points 3&4 hints that I might be a nerd.
6. I’m a nerd.
7. But I hate it when people call me a nerd (they don’t, but I’m just saying), it has some kind of disparaging element attributed to it that I just cannot put to words.
8. PP1MT stands for PewPew1MoarTime, which came from my ridiculously bad aiming in FPSes at the time where a nickname was to be entered. I’m still not very good at TF2, but I’m actually pretty decent IRL 😉
9. My retirement dream is to own an arcade. Mostly packed with pinball machines and those old-school, 8-16 bit games. It shall be complete with that musty, homely smell as I strut along with my cane watching dem younggins’ game.
10. I think that Pokemon Gen III is the best generation of all time, but there’s a special place in my heart for Gen I and II ❤
11. Sometimes I eat cereals for supper. Yeah.
Here are the questions from V’s blog:
Q: What is your very first childhood memory?
A: Getting the cane from mom, for repeatedly climbing on our grilled windows. Attempts to escape by climbing on the same grilled windows.
Q: You’ve hit the big-time. You’ve just won the Nobel Peace Prize. You’ve won the lottery. You’ve gained fame by ruthlessly pursuing the monsters that kidnapped a family member. You’ve been put in jail because you’re just too damn good-looking and the safety of singletons everywhere is threatened by your freedom. They’re making a movie about you. Who plays you, why, and what is the movie called?
A: Ryan Higa. Because the movie setting just sounds too ridiculous, and so it totally suits him! And it’s going to be called “The Magical Misadventures of Myself”.
Q: It’s midnight and you’re hungry. What is your go-to snack?
A: Instant noodles!
Q: The old hypothetical dinner party conundrum. You can invite any four people, alive or dead, famous or not, to a dinner party. Who do you invite and why?
A: Socrates, Aristotle, Plato and Nietzsche. Just so I can watch the greatest philosophical discussion whilst I nom on my pasta.
Q: What do you want to be when you grow up?
A: I wanted to be a scientist, then a game designer. For now, its set on becoming a commentator on the gaming industry.
Q: What do you do to unwind after a tough day?
A: Depends. Most of the time I’d start rotting in front of my computer. If it was real tough, I’d probably take a 20 minute hot shower. Or 30:(
Q: If you could be an animal for a day what animal would you be?
A: A bird. Any bird that can fly, that is!
Q: Do you have a guilty, secret pleasure that you think you probably shouldn’t? Like Reality TV, or Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen? Tell me!
A: I actually think that Japanese Anime songs are kind of catchy and addictive… some of them, at least.
Q: There has been an “atmospheric phenomenon” and you wake up with a superpower. You can make yourself invisible at whim. Who do you spy on, and why?
A: The best stock-market player in town. Because it never hurts to strike a pot of gold.
Q: I’m sure you have a lovely name, but if you could change it to anything, what name would you choose?
Q: Star Wars or Star Trek? If neither, you’d better have a damn good reason.
I’d try to nominate bloggers that haven’t already received the award, or those that have too many followers that the award allows. They are also not in any order.
My 11 Questions
1. Tell us about one of the most embarrassing moments you’ve ever been through!
2. What is your favorite cereal?
3. Zombie apocalypse, what would you do?
4. Your friend struck lottery, and decides that you and your friends are not cool enough for him. What would you do and why?
5. Pizza or Pasta?
6. What made you start your own blog?
7. You find out that vampires are real, and the Twilight story is unfolding itself in one of your female friends. What would you do?
8. If you could only eat 1 dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be?
9. Favorite quote?
10. What is the weirdest moment in your life?
11. Internet is down for the entire weekend, your friends and family are out of town. What would you do?