I have been away for a few days, as the force needed me to be on call for the past few days. Thankfully, there hasn’t been any urgent medical cases these few days. Phew. The reception there was generally 2G, hence I couldn’t get online, although I could still make some calls. Anyway, I arrived home to a pleasant surprise – I’ve been nominated by John Heatz for the WordPress Family Award! And he has good stuff, so go check him out.
Like the One Lovely Blog Award, there are some rules…:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your wordpress experience and family.
- Let your 10 Family Members know you’ve awarded them.
The following 10 are not ranked in any order:
- Valourborn – This is one of those blogs where I would personally scroll through all the archives and check if I missed out any posts. Yeah, its that good.
- http://vim1inc.wordpress.com/ – A very unassuming blog at first glance, but do yourself a favor and start reading from the very first post 😉
- What’s Your Tag? – Also one of the blogs that I’ve started following since my own humble beginnings. Throughout all these time, they’ve brought laughs aplenty 🙂 Check out those comics!
- Play for Business – A blog that tackles gaming in a more academic way; he was the one that prompted me into actually purchasing a few books on ludology.
- GamingGrad – A lot of amazing information on this blog. What really inspired me is how successful his blogging career has been and is still growing at exponential rates these days.
- Time Machine Games – You can find some of the most illuminating articles on this blog. Although most of them are reblogs, the author has gathered some really good content! I’ve made it my objective to (one day) be featured on his blog.
- Air Juggling – Also one of my first follows, what I really liked about him is that he’s always entertaining; be it reviews or general posts on the gaming industry.
- Video Games Nebula– Really interesting articles that is a refreshing break from your usual gaming blogs.
- Indie Gamer Chick– A successful game reviewer that I look up to. Although game reviewing is just a small part of my blog, the Indie Gamer Chick blog has been an inspiration.
- Arcade Mint – The website describes itself well: A fresh perspective on gaming and game culture. ArcadeMint has always been an interesting read, and most likely would continue to be.
I tried to nominate those that I couldn’t in the previous award that have not been nominated before.
I would consider myself extremely lucky to have chanced upon the following people. In the younger days of my blog (then again, its only been 5 months), some of these people have been there for me. I guess you have to be on the receiving end to realize how much a single “like” and comment can do. It wasn’t about the stats, its about being appreciated for being who you are, for being loved by strangers that you’ve never met.
Anyway, please give the above mentioned a look on their own website; it’s worth the click!