Earlier this week, I was nominated by Alex over at Valourbörn for the “One Lovely Blog Award”. You guys wouldn’t have seen it, but I did a happy dance :p
Anyway, here are the rules:
- Thank the one that nominated you.
- Put up the picture for the One Lovely Blog Award.
- Tell everyone seven things about yourself.
- Nominate seven other people and tell them that you’ve nominated them.
Seven things about myself that you guys don’t know yet! Some of these are kind of embarrassing… (・。・;)
- In my country, every male 18 years and older is required to serve the Army. Yours truly is not exempted from conscription – I’ve been in the force as a combat medic for close to 1.5 years and looking forward to my discharge in 6 months!
- I’ve never experienced “true” winter before; the closest being artificial snow in a theme park. And yes, I tried to eat it.
- During a school cultural event, there was this dance where we had to be paired up with complete strangers of the opposite sex. I was approached by a female senior to become her partner(and she had that smug look on her face) , but I walked past her and picked someone else who was a little on the plump side. Just to show her that over-confidence in her looks does not work.
- In my younger childhood life, I used to wander around the nature parks with my friends every weekend. There was this once we made it a point to survive in the wilderness and started creating our own “shelter”. Oh boy.
- In my younger days, I thought the events of Red Alert and Red Alert II were true.
- I may be thin, but I eat a lot. Dewberry cookies and chocolate will be obliterated on sight.
- My platoon and I trained under 3 Sergeants in our basic training. They were all so awesome that we (all boys) split up into 3 fanboy factions.
Ever since I officially committed myself to this site about 5 months ago, I’ve met quite a handful of interesting people and their blogs. These 7 people have been a tough choice, but in the end I had to pick the 7 most inspiring, entertaining and illuminating blogs. Here are my 7 nominations, in no order:
Bill Allin: Turning it Around – I have learnt a lot from this man. He’s like that wise old villager chief that I never had, because I don’t live in a village. Anyway, his archive is a treasure trove. You wouldn’t be doing yourself justice until you’ve seen all of his works.
Interesting Literature – The name speaks for itself – it’s like 9gag, but with more words. Don’t let the big words and references to famous writers scare you off, this site is worth a read whether you’re into Literature or not.
Low On Life – A lot of great, illuminating articles about the gaming industry. Also, his “Top 100 Favourite Games” list is awesome.
Caught Me Gaming – A curiously awesome game review blog, but I keep wondering where she’s getting her games from. Huge library of games I never knew existed!
PIxel Bubble – A gaming blog mostly centered on the author’s thoughts on the gaming industry. Very informative and very interesting perspectives – worth a read if you’re even slightly interested in gaming.
John Heatz – A gaming news blog that brings you the latest low down in gaming – they have a weekly recap, so check back every week!
Grow Up Proper – The site describes itself well, a library of refreshing views on life 😉
There have been a few other sites that I would’ve liked to nominate, but they have all been nominated already! But that doesn’t mean that these aforementioned blogs are any less awesome. Check them out, and have a good day!